Understanding Fractions: Compare with Benchmarks on the Number Line
User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an online Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Topic 4 of the Understanding Fractions unit is "Compare with Benchmarks on the Number Line." It contains lessons in which students learn to compare fractions with benchmarks. Using models and the number line, students compare fractions to 0, 1/2, and 1. The topic culminates with a lesson on comparing fractions to related fractions.
Common Core Standard(s): 3.NF.2, 3.NF.3
"Compare with Benchmarks on the Number Line" contains 4 lessons (approximately 1 period of instruction per lesson).
- Understand the 1/2 and 1 Benchmarks
- Estimate with the 0, 1/2 and 1 Benchmarks
- Compare to the 1/2 Benchmark
- Order Fractions on the Number Line
Every lesson is supported by:
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiated instruction and remediation
- Skills checks assessment
More Apps By Conceptua Math
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.