Understanding Fractions: Compare and Order Fractions
User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an online Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Topic 3 of the Understanding Fractions unit is "Compare and Order Fractions." It contains lessons in which students learn to identify fractions with common denominators and common numerators, and then apply strategies to compare those fractions. Lessons begin with making models, progress to using the greater than and less than signs, and culminate with ordering fractions on a number line.
Common Core Standard(s): 3.NF.3, 4.NF.2
"Compare and Order Fractions" contains 4 lessons (approximately 1 period of instruction per lesson).
- Compare with Common Denominators
- Order with Common Denominators
- Compare with Common Numerators
- Order with Common Numerators
Every lesson is supported by:
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiated instruction and remediation
- Skills checks assessment
More Apps By Conceptua Math
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.