Multiply Fractions: Multiply Fractions with Common and Uncommon Factors
User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an online Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Topic 3 of the Multiplying Fractions unit is "Multiply Fractions with Common and Uncommon Factors." It introduces students to fractions without common factors and multiplication of a fraction by a fraction. Students use models to discover that multiplying a given whole number by a fraction can result in a whole number and multiplying a fraction by a fraction results in a product that is less than the two factors. Students apply their prior knowledge of converting mixed and improper fractions and simplification to multiplication procedures.
Common Core Standard(s): 4.NF.4, 5.NF.4, 5.NF.5, 5.NF.6
"Multiply Fractions with Common and Uncommon Factors" contains 4 lessons (approximately 4 periods of instruction).
- Multiply Mixed Number Types with Uncommon Factors
- Multiply Proper Fraction by Proper Fraction
- Multiply Mixed Numbers and Whole Numbers
- Multiply Mixed Number by Mixed Number
Every lesson is supported by:
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiation
- Skills checks
More Apps By Conceptua Math
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.