Multiply Fractions: Apply your Knowledge of Multiplying with Fractions
User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an online Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Topic 4 of the Multiplying Fractions unit is "Apply your Knowledge of Multiplying with Fractions." Students apply their conceptual understanding of multiplying fractions to solve equations without the use of models. Some lessons provide context, some just paraphrasing, and some with equations only. Students are challenged to complete equations with missing unknowns. They apply prior knowledge of converting mixed and improper fractions and simplification to multiplication procedures.
Common Core Standard(s): 4.NF.4, 5.NF.4, 5.NF.5, 5.NF.6
"Apply your Knowledge of Multiplying with Fractions" contains 4 lessons (approximately 4 periods of instruction).
- Complete Equations with Proper Fractions
- Paraphrase/Multiply Equations: Proper Fractions
- Complete Equations with Mixed Numbers
- Paraphrase/Multiply Equations: Mixed Numbers
Every lesson is supported by:
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiated instruction and remediation
- Skills checks
More Apps By Conceptua Math
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.