Multiplying Fractions FREE
User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an elementary and middle school, online Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Multiplying Fractions FREE app is the first topic from the paid app. The topic focuses on developing the conceptual understanding of multiplying with fractions. Students are presented with simple word problems to provide a context for multiplication of fractions. Students learn that by creating a paraphrase for a word problem, they can better understand the meaning. Then they create visual models that support how to procedurally represent and solve the problem.
Common Core Standard(s): 4.NF.4, 5.NF.4, 5.NF.5, 5.NF.6
There are 5 lessons in the Multiplying Fractions FREE app, covering approximately 1 week of instruction.
- Multiply Whole Number by Whole Number: Models
- Multiply Unit Fraction by Whole Number
- Multiply Unit Fraction by Whole Number: Simplify
- Multiply Proper Fraction by Whole Number
- Multiply Mixed Number by Whole Number
Every lesson is supported by:
- Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion.
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiated instruction and remediat
More Apps By Conceptua Math
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.