User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an online elementary and middle school Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Multiplying Fractions is a unit of 4 topics and 18 lessons that focuses on developing both conceptual understanding of, and procedural skills with, multiplication of fractions. Students learn that by creating a paraphrase for a problem, they can better understand its meaning. Then they create visual models help them understand the procedure for solving the problem. The final topic contains lessons that use numbers only, both with and without context.
Common Core Standard(s): 4.NF.4, 5.NF.4, 5.NF.5, 5.NF.6
Each of the 4 topics in Multiplying Fractions contain 4 or 5 lessons (approximately 1 period of instruction per lesson).
- Multiply a Fraction by a Whole Number
- Multiply a Whole Number by a Fraction
- Multiply Fractions with Common and Uncommon Factors
- Apply your Knowledge of Multiplying with Fractions
Every lesson is supported by:
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiated instruction and remediation
- Skills checks assessment
More Apps By Conceptua Math
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.