Equivalent Fractions: Learn the Procedure for Finding Equivalent Fractions
User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an online Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Topic 3 of the Equivalent Fractions unit is "Learn the Procedure for Finding Equivalent Fractions." This topic introduces students to the procedure for finding equivalent fractions. Initial lessons make the proportional relationship between equivalent fractions more explicit by requiring students to complete a sentence describing the relationship between the two factions. Students work with numbers only in the final lesson.
Common Core Standard(s): 4.NF.1
"Learn the Procedure for Finding Equivalent Fractions" contains 3 lessons (approximately 1 period of instruction per lesson).
- Use Words and Models to Find Equivalence
- Find Equivalent Fractions Using a "1" Fraction
- Find Equivalence with Procedures
Every lesson is supported by:
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiated instruction and remediation
- Skills checks assessment
More Apps By Conceptua Math
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.