Add & Subtract Fractions: Name Unknown Parts of Addition/Subtraction
User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an online Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Topic 3 of the Add & Subtract Fractions unit is "Name Unknown Parts of Addition/Subtraction." It contains lessons in which students apply what they know about the inverse relationship of addition and subtraction to solve equations with unknowns. Students are also challenged to compare sums and differences of equations. Students learn to compare results by first considering the size represented by the denominators and then consider the number and size of the parts represented by the numerator.
Common Core Standard(s): 4.NF.3
"Name Unknown Parts of Addition/Subtraction" contains 4 lessons (approximately 1 period of instruction per lesson).
- Complete Addition Equations with Unknowns
- Complete Subtraction Equations with Unknowns
- Complete Addition/Subtraction with Unknowns
- Compare Fraction Sums and Differences
Every lesson is supported by:
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiated instruction and remediation
- Skills checks assessment
More Apps By Conceptua Math
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.