Add & Subtract Fractions: Apply Fraction Knowledge
User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an online Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Topic 4 of the Add & Subtract Fractions unit is "Apply Fraction Knowledge." It contains lessons in which students must apply their understanding of part/whole relationships to solve problems. Students investigate the size of fractions when different shaded areas are designated as the whole. They identify the unit represented on a grid or as a design and express different shaded areas as fractional amounts.
Common Core Standard(s): 3.NF.3, 4.NF.3
"Apply Fraction Knowledge" contains 3 lessons (approximately 1 period of instruction per lesson).
- Compose/Decompose Numbers with Pattern Blocks
- Compose/Decompose Numbers with the Unitizing Grid
- Complete Proper Fraction Equations with Unknowns
Every lesson is supported by:
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiated instruction and remediation
- Skills checks assessment
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.