Add & Subtract Fractions
User Access: Student, Teacher
Conceptua Math is an online elementary and middle school Common Core curriculum that transforms the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Add & Subtract Fractions is a unit of 4 topics and 15 lessons that focuses on adding and subtracting fractions up to one whole using a variety of models. Students compare and estimate the relative size of both fraction expressions and complete equations, with unknowns using both models and numbers.
Common Core Standard(s): 3.NF.3, 4.NF.3
Each of the 4 topics in Add & Subtract Fractions contains 3 or 4 lessons (approximately 1 period of instruction per lesson).
- Add to 1 Whole
- Subtract from Less Than 1 Whole
- Name Unknown Parts of Addition/Subtraction
- Apply Fraction Knowledge
Every lesson is supported by:
- Whole class Lesson Opener and Closer to encapsulate the lessons with a rich class discussion
- Embedded strategic feedback and video support for students
- Adaptive teaching for differentiated instruction and remediation
- Skills checks assessment
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.