A Martian Calculator
Subjects: Math, Classroom Tools
Player Mode: Single
User Access: Parent, Student, Teacher
Yes its possible, a mental arithmetic Martian calculator.
Mental arithmetic is very hard to develop with a generation used to using calculators and computers for all calculations. To achieve high national standards these mental mathematics skills are essential. This app actually USES a calculator to teach mental arithmetic skills.
Based upon a simple calculator with no markings on the buttons, the user has to reverse engineer the calculator by working out the sums from the answers and placing the numbers and functions on the buttons. It also dynamically changes each time it is used so no two calculators are ever the same.
Developing both analytical skills and mathematical skills this is an exciting and essential addition to Mathematics teaching tools.
- Pedagogically designed to raise standards and motivate learners.
- Holds individual attention for a long period on time
- Flash based and platform integrated.
- Design of app is both functional and visually stimulating
- Enables pupils to work independently, learning at their own pace both in the classroom and at home
- Improves mental arithmetic skills
- Improves higher order thinking skills
- Essential skills and concept are practiced and reinforced.
About the Edmodo Store
In the Edmodo Store, you can discover innovative apps that integrate seamlessly with Edmodo to help create engaging learning experiences for students.
Visit our help center to learn more about using apps with your students.
Edmodo helps connect all learners with the people and resources needed to reach their full potential.
Sign Up with Edmodo and start using it with your students today.